According to the EUC Regulations, delegations shall have the appropriate insurance to cover their travel and participation in the event. Delegations shall be responsible to provide international health insurance for all its members.
The Organizing Committee will bring a basic health coverage for participants but also recommends that all delegations bring an appropriate travel insurance to the Championship.
Information for participants of countries within the EU:
- Be sure that each member of your team brings the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). These cards are issued free by your national health insurance provider.
- This card gives you access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in Spain as member of the European State.
- But remember that the EHIC is not an alternative to travel insurance. It does not cover any private healthcare or costs such as a return flight to your home country or lost/stolen property. That is the reason why it's also necessary to travel with appropriate travel insurance.
- Be aware that each country’s healthcare system is different. Services that cost nothing at your country might not be free in another country.
Information for participants of countries outside the EU:
- Those countries can't benefit from the health care provided by the European Health Insurance Card, so they should bring an appropriate health insurance and travel insurance.
In the line of what is established on the regulation 68 of the Rules and Regulations for EUSA Sports Events 2018 Pag.10 “The delegations shall have the appropriate insurance to cover their travel and participation in the EUG. The delegation shall be responsible to provide international health insurance for all its members”, we encourage every team to get their own health insurance both for participants coming from countries outside the EU, as well as for participants coming from countries inside the EU.